Amazon Alexa connection, step by step
The Automower® Connect and Amazon Alexa apps are available for Apple iOS and Android. Read ahead to see how you can connect your Automower® to Amazon Alexa.
Verify your Automower® model came with Automower® Connect, or install the Automower® Connect hardware on your compatible model.
Download the latest version of the Automower® Connect app on your smartphone. Create an account if you don’t have one, then connect your Automower®.
Download the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone.
Create an Amazon account (the free version will be sufficient for Automower® functions).
Open Amazon Alexa app. Open menu and select Skills/Games. Select search and type “Automower”. Note: If the app is offline – deselect Alexa in your Wi-Fi settings.
Select Automower®, Activate Automower® Skills.
Use Automower® Connect user data to login.
Alexa and Automower® are now connected!
What to do if Automower® can’t be controlled through Alexa
If you are unable to control your Automower® by voice command through your Amazon Alexa device, here's a checklist to solve the problem:
- Is your Alexa device turned on?
- Is your Alexa device properly connected to your Wi-Fi network?
- Is the local internet service down? (Test it by opening a web page in your browser.)
- Is the Alexa service down? (Visit the AWS Service Health Dashboard for more information.)
- Are you able to control Automower® using the Automower® Connect app on your smartphone?
- Is Automower® properly connected to Alexa? If not, please see "Amazon Alexa connection, step by step" above.
- Which Automower® action are you trying to control? See supported voice commands and try another command.