How to replace a battery in a petrol ride-on mower
While using your petrol ride-on mower, after a certain period of time, you may notice that the product will not start fast enough or will not start at all.
One of the reasons for this can be that the battery in your petrol ride-on mower is old and needs to be replaced.
For this you will need:
- a wrench key
- a battery; the type of battery may depend on your petrol ride-on mower. Please check your operator's manual for the correct battery type.
CAUTION: before working with the battery, remove any jewellery from your hands, as well as watches.
How to replace the battery in your petrol ride-on mower
- Lift the seat.
- Use the key tool to open the back cover of your rider.
- The battery is located on the left side of the product.
- Use the wrench key to unscrew the bolt connecting the NEGATIVE wire first. This is the black one.
- Use the wrench key to unscrew the bolt connecting the POSITIVE wire. This is the red one.
- Loosen the strap holding the battery and untie it.
- Remove the battery from the ride-on mower.
- Put the new battery in place.
- Tighten the strap around the battery and tie it.
- Screw the bolt to connect the POSITIVE wire first. Tighten it using the wrench key.
- Screw the bolt to connect the NEGATIVE wire. Tighten it using the wrench key.
- Lower the engine cover back into position and lock it.