How to replace the engine oil in your lawn mower
For your lawn mower to function optimally, make sure that you change the engine oil each year. It is best to do this before the start of the season.
How to check the engine oil level
CAUTION: A oil level that is too low can cause damage to the engine. Check the engine oil level before you start the product.
- Park the product on level ground and stop the engine.
- Remove the oil tank cap with the attached dipstick.
- Clean the oil from the dipstick.
- Put the dipstick fully into the oil tank to give the correct indication of the oil level.
- Remove the dipstick.
- Check the oil level on the dipstick.
- If the oil level is low, fill with engine oil and check the oil level again. When filling the tank with oil, use a funnel to prevent any spills.
NOTE: Make sure to use the recommended engine oil for your specific lawn mower. You can check this in the operator’s manual. Do not mix two different types of oil.
How to replace engine oil
WARNING: Engine oil is very hot immediately after the engine is stopped. Let the engine cool off before you drain the engine oil. If you spill the engine oil on your body, clean with soap and water.
- Disconnect the spark plug wire from the spark plug and place the wire where it cannot come into the contact with a spark plug.
- Remove the engine oil cap/dipstick; put aside on a clean surface.
- Use a pump to empty the oil. Clean the mouth piece when you have finished to avoid oil spillage.
- Check that all oil is removed using a dipstick.
- Refill the oil in accordance with the oil and amount specified in the operator’s manual for your product.
- Use the dipstick to check the engine oil level.
- Run the lawn mower until the tank is empty.
- Remove the ignition cable from the spark plug.
- Remove the oil tank cap.
- Put the container below the lawn mower to collect the engine oil and prevent any spills.
- Tilt the product to drain the engine oil from the oil tank.
- Fill the tank with a recommended engine oil. You can find the correct engine oil type in operator’s manual for your product. Do not mix two different types of oil. We recommend using Husqvarna SAE 30 engine oil.
- Check the engine oil level.