Battery and Charger13/09/2023
Why is my BLi battery draining too fast?
If you have noticed that your BLi battery is draining fast while you are performing a task, there can be a few reasons for that:
- The ambient temperature is too low. The battery does not perform at its full capacity when the cell temperature is too far below 10°C.
- Make sure the battery is fully charged before using it.
- The battery may be too old and have already lost its initial capacity. There is about a 4% loss of capacity per year, even if you have not used your battery that much.
- You have chosen too small a battery for your needs. Check the runtime/charge time table to choose the right battery.
- There might be an issue with your cutting equipment or the product itself.
- You might not be using the product for the task it was designed for. For example, cutting tall grass with a battery-powered walk-behind mower requires more power.
You can prolong the runtime of your battery by using the ECO mode and not using boost mode on, for example, your blower.
Was this article helpful?