Problems with the Bluetooth connection to Automower® robotic lawn mower
Bluetooth normally offers a stable connection to the Automower® Connect app and your mower as long as you are within 30 m/100 ft of the mower and there are no obstacles between you and the mower. But in some cases, you may experience problems pairing or connecting to the Automower® Connect app.
Troubleshoot the Bluetooth connection:
In many cases, a simple restart of the mower or your mobile device is enough, but if the problem remains or occurs frequently you may need to do some troubleshooting. The easiest way to troubleshoot the issue is using our product assistant. It will guide you to a solution step-by-step based on your specific conditions.
If you prefer not to use the product assistant, check out the information below:
- Are you within Bluetooth range? Make sure that you are close enough (30 m/100 ft) to the mower. You need to stay close to the mower until the pairing is complete.
- Did you wait long enough? Wait a bit longer. It can take some time for the product to connect, especially if your mower was restarted recently.
- Is there another active Bluetooth connection? Check that your mower is not already connected to somebody else’s device. Automower® NERA models support two Bluetooth connections at a time but all other models support only one active Bluetooth connection at a time.
- Have you enabled location services and Bluetooth access? Check the Bluetooth settings on your phone and for the Automower® Connect app. For Android, you also have to check your location services. See Enable location services and Bluetooth access.
- Are you trying to connect to the right mower? If you have several mowers, make sure that you are trying to connect to the correct product. Check the serial number (found on the rating plate of the product).
- For general instructions, see How to add an Automower® robotic lawn mower to Automower® Connect.
- Is the mower in pairing mode? Restart the mower and try pairing it again. Restarting the mower triggers Bluetooth pairing mode for 180 seconds for all mowers manufactured after 2018.
- Is the Connect@Home option not available on the mower display under Accessories? Restart the mower. Restarting the mower triggers Bluetooth pairing mode for 180 seconds for all mowers manufactured after 2018.
- Is your phone already paired to your mower? Check to see if your mower is already paired with your Automower® Connect device:
- Open the list of products that are connected to your device via Bluetooth: For iPhone users: Select Settings > Bluetooth. | For Android users: Swipe down from the top of the screen. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. Touch and hold Bluetooth.
- If the mower appears in the list, unpair it from your device: For iPhone users: Unpair your mower. | For Android users: Unpair your mower.
- Try pairing your device with your product again, following the instructions in the Automower® Connect app.
Still not working?
If you have tried the above measures and the connection is still not working, contact your local dealer.