Connecting an Automower® robotic lawn mower to Wi-Fi
By connecting your Automower® robotic lawn mower to a Wi-Fi network, you enable the mower to communicate remotely with the Husqvarna Cloud via the Automower® Connect app whenever it is within Wi-Fi range.
With a Wi-Fi connection, you can also use smart home services, such as Google Home, Amazon Alexa, IFTTT, and open API to control your robotic lawn mower and update the mower firmware.
- Which Automower® models can connect to a Wi-Fi network?
- How to connect an Automower® robotic lawn mower to a Wi-Fi network
- How many Wi-Fi networks can my robotic lawn mower connect to?
- Switching between Wi-Fi networks
- Removing a Wi-Fi connection from an Automower® robotic lawn mower
- Benefits of connecting the mower to a Wi-Fi network
Which Automower® models can connect to a Wi-Fi network?The following Automower® models primarily use Wi-Fi to communicate with the Husqvarna Cloud:
- Aspire™ R4
- 320 NERA
- 310E NERA
Please note that the 320 NERA and 310E NERA can be upgraded to add a mobile connection with the help of an Automower® Connect Kit, which is available as an accessory.
The following Automower® models can use both mobile and Wi-Fi networks to communicate with the Husqvarna Cloud:
- 430X NERA
- 450X NERA
- 410XE NERA
Please note that other Automower® models do not have the necessary hardware to connect using Wi-Fi.
How to connect an Automower® robotic lawn mower to a Wi-Fi network
To connect your Automower® robotic lawn mower to a Wi-Fi network, it must first be paired to your mobile device using Bluetooth.
Once you have a Bluetooth connection with your robotic lawn mower, you can choose to connect it to one or more Wi-Fi networks. Learn about the benefits of connecting to a Wi-Fi network
Here are the steps to connect your robotic lawn mower to a Wi-Fi network:
- Open the Automower® Connect app.
- Select Log in and enter your account credentials.
- Make sure that you are close to the robotic lawn mower and connected using Bluetooth.
- To get a good Wi-Fi network signal, make sure that the robotic lawn mower is close to the network router.
- Select More > Settings > Automower® Connect.
- Enter your PIN code.
- Under Wi-Fi, tap Select network.
- Select the desired network from the list.
- Enter the network password and tap Connect. Note that the password is case sensitive.
- Wait for the connection to be established.
Now your robotic lawn mower is connected to the selected Wi-Fi network and the network password is saved for later.
Note that the Wi-Fi network must be connected to the Internet for the communication with the Husqvarna Cloud to work.
Can't find your Wi-Fi network?The list of available networks displays up to ten networks at a time. If the desired network does not appear in the list, try the following:
- Make sure that you are connected to your robotic lawn mower using Bluetooth.
- Move the robotic lawn mower closer to the router to get a stronger signal.
- In the Automower® Connect app, select More > Settings > Automower® Connect > Select network > Rescan to search for networks again.
- Select Add new to enter the name of a network that is not found in the list, such as hidden networks. Note that both the network name and the password are case sensitive.
- Restart the network router (follow the instructions from your network router provider). Wait a minute or two for the router to start up, then select More > Settings > Automower® Connect > Select network > Rescan in the Automower® Connect app to search for networks.
How many Wi-Fi networks can my robotic lawn mower connect to?
You can save up to ten Wi-Fi networks to your account, but the mower can only be connected to one network at a time.
If the robotic lawn mower gets disconnected from the currently used network, it will connect automatically to another available network, prioritising the one with the strongest signal.
Switching between Wi-Fi networks
If you have added more than one Wi-Fi network, the mower will switch between the networks automatically, when needed.
To change to a specific network manually, just tap the desired network in the list. If the password is not already saved, you will be requested to enter it.
Removing a Wi-Fi connection from an Automower® robotic lawn mower
To disconnect from and forget a Wi-Fi network, tap the delete icon (rubbish bin) next to the network name and confirm that you want to forget the network.
The selected network is now disconnected and forgotten. You will still see it in the list (unless it is a hidden network), but to connect to the network again you need to re-enter the password.
Benefits of connecting the mower to a Wi-Fi network
While it is not necessary to connect an Automower® robotic lawn mower to a Wi-Fi network, it can be beneficial in many cases.
For Wi-Fi only models
If your Automower® model communicates with the Husqvarna Cloud using Wi-Fi technology only, you can remotely control the mower and integrate smart home services via the Automower® Connect app, as long as the mower is within Wi-Fi range.
This connection also allows you to download new firmware updates. Without Wi-Fi, you can control the mower within a 30 metre/100 foot range via Bluetooth, provided that it is paired with your mobile device.
Remember to download and install firmware updates, ensure that the mower is docked in the charging station and within Wi-Fi coverage.
For Wi-Fi and mobile technology models
If your Automower® model uses both Wi-Fi and mobile technology to connect to the Husqvarna Cloud, you can rely solely on a good mobile connection to control your mower. However, in areas with poor mobile coverage, a Wi-Fi connection can help maintain a stable link to the Husqvarna Cloud.
For more information, refer to the following articles:
- How to add an Automower® robotic lawn mower to Automower® Connect
- Problems with the Wi-Fi connection to Automower® robotic lawn mower
- What is FOTA (Firmware Over The Air)?
Please contact your local Husqvarna dealer if you need help with your Automower® robotic lawn mower.