Things to keep in mind when you buy a zero-turn mower
A zero-turn mower lets you cut so close around corners that you reduce the need to trim. Here are a few tips on what to think about when you are looking to buy a new zero-turn trimmer.
The zero-turn mower design with its high capacity and swift manoeuvrability originates from typical commercial use. Our zero-turn mowers for landowners are engineered alongside our commercial models. This means they can handle heavy-duty mowing tasks on large areas efficiently, quickly and easily.
Are you a professional or homeowner?
When deciding on a new zero-turn mower the most important factor is the size of the area that you will cut.
Our zero-turn mowers for homeowners are generally smaller, which makes them take up less space when parked and they can also cut smaller passages in the garden. The biggest of the home or landowner models can handle 2.8 acres per hour.
If you are looking for a new zero-turn mower for professional use, we have a wide range with powerful engines and bigger fuel tanks. The professional models are faster and can handle bigger areas - up to 7 acres per hour.
Propane is a great way to lower emissions, fuel costs and possibly get tax benefits. But there are a lot of other benefits to propane as well. A propane engine generally needs fewer repairs since propane doesn’t go stale. If you are looking for full day operation you should also consider getting the optional dual 33lb tanks that hold 14 gallons of fuel.
Learn more about our zero-turn mowersRead more
General facts about the Husqvarna zero-turn mower
- Our zero-turn mowers are durable, with a stable frame and a powerful, reliable engine. All components are designed to withstand demanding operation.
- A comfortable driver’s environment and efficient vibration dampening make for better comfort and less fatigue
- All controls are easy to reach
- Large, wide rear wheels put less pressure on the lawn surface, which means they flatten the grass less, and improve accessibility. A low centre of gravity gives traction and stability: an advantage if the ground is uneven.
- An efficient cooling system is important, if the machine is going to operate at an optimal temperature for long periods - especially on hot days