Notify your neighbour when your mower needs attention
Are you going away for the weekend (or maybe longer) and want someone to look after your mower if something happens? We have a clever Smart Connection built just for that purpose!
By selecting Notify your neighbour when your mower needs attention, you can easily and automatically notify your friends when something unexpected happens and your mower has an error message. Here’s how:
Enabling the Smart Connection
- In the Automower® Connect app, tap the More button and select Smart Home.
- If this is the first time you have used a Smart Connection or an IFTTT applet, see Getting started with the Smart Connections in the Automower® Connect app.
- Select Notify your neighbour when your mower needs attention.
- To enable the connection, tap the Connect Gmail slider.
- If you are setting up this connection for the first time, you will have to log in to your Google account, allow IFTTT to access your Gmail and allow IFTTT to send emails on your behalf. Enter the credentials for the Google account you want to connect to IFTTT.
- Select which mower you want to control (if you have more than one mower connected to your Automower® Connect account). The Smart Connection can only control one mower at a time.
- Enter the email addresses of the people you want to receive the notification, separated with a space or comma, for example, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org. You can add up to 20 email addresses.
- Tap Save.
Now all the people you added as recipients will receive an email when your mower has an error, which will include information about the error and the mower position.
Remember to share your mower PIN code with the recipients on the list if you want them to be able to remedy any problems that occur.
Disabling the Smart Connection
To disable the Smart Connection so that it does not send any notifications when your mower has an error, simply disconnect it by tapping the slider again.