How to Schedule Your Robot Lawn Mower - Automower® Tips
Giving owners consistently beautiful grass all year round, Automower® is one of the most efficient ways for homeowners and greenspace professionals to maintain their lawns with minimal effort. Whether you're lacking the time to mow your lawn - or you just don't want to - a robotic lawn mower cuts it for you so you don't have to.
Automower® is one of the best ways to keep your lawn as green and healthy as possible. If you're wondering how to set your mower to run to a schedule, then keep reading for this and more lawn care tips.
The benefits of robotic lawn mowers
One of the main benefits of installing a robotic mower on your, or your client's lawn is that it can be pre-programmed to run on a set schedule. This means that come rain or shine, day or night, it works tirelessly to create a carpet-like finish. A couple of other notable benefits include the ability to integrate Automower® into your smart home and control it via the Automower® Connect App. It also automatically heads back to its charging station to recharge when needed.
When compared to petrol mowers, Automower® not only saves you countless hours but it also significantly cuts down on noise, delivers zero exhaust emissions and can cut your lawn day or night. What's more, there's no need to add oil or fuel, and maintenance is easy.
Download the app
First things first, download the official Automower® Connect App from the Google Play Store for Android phones or the Apple App Store for iPhones. Once downloaded, you'll need to pair your Automower® with the app to be able to set a schedule for it to mow by.
How to pair your first robot lawn mower to Automower® Connect
- Open the Automower® Connect App
- Select add mower at the bottom of the screen
- Select mower group > mower type from the list
- On the mowers keypad now press MENU > select accessories > select Automower® connect or connect @ home > select new paring > enter PIN code
- Your mower will now appear as a connectable device in the App! Click on your mower to make the new connection.
- There you have it! Your Automower® is now ready to be managed via your phone.
Time to set up the schedule
For Automower® to know when to mow, you'll need to give it a schedule to work by. This could be during the day when your property is empty, during the early hours while you sleep, or even while you're away on holiday. Setting a schedule is super simple and once done, can be left as is or modified if needed.
- Open the Automower® Connect App, then click on ‘Settings’.
- Next, click on ‘Schedule’ and then on ‘Edit’ at the top of the screen.
- Choose which days and what hours you want Automower® to run.
- Click on ‘Save’ to save your settings.
How to set the cutting schedule and height
Faster growth requires more runtime to maintain, which will determine just how often your robotic lawn mower gets to work. The faster the grass grows, the more often Automower® should run. Understanding whether it's warm or cold season grass also lets you make adjustments to match peak growth and dormancy.
- Open the Automower® Connect App and click on ‘Settings’,
- Next, select ‘Cutting Height’
- Adjust the slider to reflect your desired cutting intensity
- Click on ‘Save’ to save your settings.
Note: Smaller mowers may require manual cutting height adjustment
If an area of grass is longer than desired, Automower® allows you to initiate ‘spot cutting.’ Simply position your robotic lawn mower in the desired area and hit Start > Spot Cutting. Or simply allow your Automower® to automatically initiate a spiral cutting pattern. As Automower® runs it takes 5 samples of how much current/power it’s using for the blade motor. As it enters an area with longer grass it will use more current/power and detects that the grass is longer. Automower® will initiate a spiral cutting pattern and will continue this until the blade motor/power used is the same as the previous 5 samples.
Give commands via Alexa
If you haven't done so already, download the Alexa App from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Download and connect Automower® Connect to your mower.
- Download Alexa App, then create a free Amazon account.
- Open the Alexa App > Menu > Skills & Games.
- Type ‘Automower’ in the search area.
- Click on Automower® > Activate Automower® Skills.
- Login with your Automower® Connect user info.
- Automower® and Alexa are now paired.
Common Alexa Automower® commands
Start/resume - Alexa, ask Automower® to start/resume.
Pause/stop - Alexa, ask Automower® to pause/stop.
Park - Alexa, ask Automower® to take a break.
Status - Alexa, ask Automower® for status.
Help - Alexa, I need some help.
Give commands via Google Home
In order to control your Automower® robotic lawn mower using Google Assistant, you will first need to ensure it is added as a device in your Google Home app.
- In the Google Home app, tap the plus icon (+).
- Select Set up device.
- Select Works with Google and then search for Husqvarna Automower® in the list of available services.
- If the Automower® Connect app is installed and you are logged into the app on your device, just select Authorise to give Google access to your Automower® Connect account.
Any mowers set up within your Automower® Connect account will now be available in your Google Home devices and can be controlled by Google Assistant.
Common Google Home Automower® commands
When using Google Home verbal commands, Automower® can be named in a few different ways. Google will recognise ‘Automower®’ or ‘mower’ (when multiple mowers are enabled in the Automower® Connect app either ‘Automower®(s)’ or ‘mowers’ can be used). You also have the ability to give your mower a nickname in the Automower® Connect app for easy recognition. Simply open the Automower® Connect app and navigate to My mowers > Mower details where a name can be added. We recommend that you choose a mower name that is easy to pronounce.
Start/resume - Hey Google/Ok Google - Start Automower®(s) (Start all my mowers, Resume mower or Start Custom Name also work)
Start for Hour/Min - Hey Google/Ok Google - Start Automower® for Time Period
Park - Hey Google - Park Automower® (Dock Custom Name, Send the lawn mower home, Park all my mowers also work)
Pause - Ok Google - Pause Automower® (Stop also works as a command)
Status - Hey Google - What is Custom Name doing? (Is Automower® running?, What is the mower battery level? and what is my mower doing? Also work for commands)
Other ways to control Automower® include IFTTT, Google Assistant, or direct through the Automower® Connect App. Smart home integration allows you to start, stop, pause and park your mower with a simple command, whilst also providing a whole host of other useful snippets of data.
Take back your time?
Why spend your precious free time mowing the lawn when you could be doing something more enjoyable or productive? With 73% of Australians spending over 100 hours each year mowing, Automower® is a game changer. Not only does Automower® improve lawn quality, it reduces your carbon footprint, and gives you back more time for the moments that matter.
Better still, Automower® clips and mulches tiny clippings of grass daily, delivering plenty of nutrients back to the roots of the lawn for better health year-round. Request an obligation free Automower® Consult and find your perfect match today and / or visit your local authorised dealership for more information.