Things to consider when buying a new garden tractor
Looking for the best option when buying a new garden tractor? Here are a few tips to help you choose the right one.
The right size for the job
In general, if your garden is larger and more open it’s more important that your garden tractor has a generous cutting width. However, if there are lots of obstructions, like trees and bushes, it’s better to choose a garden tractor that is small enough to go through the tightest passages. We offer tractors with cutting widths from 77 cm up to 137 cm in the Husqvarna garden tractor range.
Collector or side ejection?
A Husqvarna Garden Tractor helps you achieve first-class results using the cutting method best suited to your lawn. Choose a model with an integrated collector when you want to collect clippings and achieve tidy results. For quick and effective cutting, choose a side-ejecting tractor. Switch to the BioClip® mode when your lawn needs fertilizing through mulching.
Accessories for greater versatility
Our garden tractors can be equipped with a wide range of accessories for garden tractors so that you can use it for more purposes, all year round. For instance, you can use your garden tractor as a leaf collector and spreader for lawn preparation, a front-mounted brush for clearing driveways and paths and there’s a trailer attachment to make your work in the garden easier.
Choosing a transmission
A garden tractor with hydrostatic transmission is much easier to operate than a tractor with manual transmission. With manual transmission you have to stop the tractor every time you change gears. The hydrostatic transmission gives you stepless adjustment while driving.
There are two different hydrostatic transmission solutions. For maximum comfort, choose a tractor with a pedal-operated transmission, where separate pedals control speed and direction for forward and reverse movement. The other option is the lever-operated hydrostat. The lever is on the fender and is easy to access from the driver’s seat.
Learn more about our garden tractorsRead more
A few facts to help you choose the right tractor
- A garden tractor with an integrated collector has the most effective system for collection
- When mowing high and coarse grass, the most effective cutting deck is the side ejection type
- By using different types of accessories our tractors can be adapted for collection, BioClip® cutting and ejection, to suit your type of lawn and mowing habits
- Most tractors with integrated collectors (CT/CTH models) come with a BioClip® plug as standard, whereas a deflector for rear ejection can be bought as an accessory
- Most side ejection tractors can be equipped with the 2 or 3-bin collector accessory
- All side ejection tractors can be equipped with accessories for BioClip® cutting
- Since the tractors with integrated collectors don’t have a deflector that sticks out on the side of the cutting deck, they can work in tighter spaces than the side ejecting models