How to add an Automower® robotic lawn mower to Amazon Alexa
When connected to Amazon Alexa, your Automower® robotic lawn mower becomes a natural part of your morning routine, your kids' after-school activities, your barbecue preparations and many other everyday schedules. It makes your Automower® robotic lawn mower a natural and fully integrated part of your home automation system.
- Which Automower® models can be used with Amazon Alexa?
- Linking Automower® Connect to Amazon Alexa
- Discover devices
- More ways to control an Automower® robotic lawn mower with Amazon Alexa
- Remove an Automower® robotic lawn mower from your Amazon Alexa account
- Remove the connection between Automower® Connect and Amazon Alexa
Which Automower® models can be used with Amazon Alexa?
All Husqvarna Automower® models with Wi-Fi or mobile connectivity can be controlled by Amazon Alexa. Other Automower® models can also become part of your smart home when equipped with an Automower® Connect kit.
Linking Automower® Connect to Amazon Alexa
To control your Automower® robotic lawn mower with Amazon Alexa you need to link your Automower® Connect account to Amazon Alexa. To enable the Automower skill, follow the instructions below. For more information on how to use Alexa skills, see Amazon Alexa help site.
- Make sure that you have an Automower® model with Wi-Fi or mobile connectivity or an Automower® robotic lawn mower with an Automower® Connect kit installed. Contact your local dealer if your mower does not have an Automower® Connect kit and you want to install one.
- Create an Automower® Connect account (or use an existing Automower® Connect account) and pair it with the Automower® robotic lawn mower that you are using.
- Download the Amazon Alexa app from App Store or Google Play.
- Create an Amazon account or use an existing account. A free account is enough.
- Set up your Alexa device and make sure that your wifi is reliable.
- Use one of the following quick links to access and launch the Automower® skill:
English | German | French
open the Amazon Alexa app, tap More> Skills & Games. Tap the search icon, type "Automower" and tap Search > Automower > Launch.
- Fill out the credentials for your Automower® Connect account and tap Sign in.
- Tap Authorise.
- Give Alexa the permissions you want and tap Save permissions.
- Tap Discover devices to allow Alexa to add your mower to your list of smart home devices.
- Tap Close.
Now your Amazon Alexa account is linked to your Automower® Connect account and you can start using Alexa to control your mowers.
You will find your mowers in the Alexa app under Devices > All devices and Devices > Vacuum Cleaners (currently, there is no specific category for robotic lawn mowers).
No Automower® robotic lawn mower in your list of devices?
If your mower disappears from your list of devices under Devices > All devices and Devices > Vacuum Cleaners in Alexa, you can ask Alexa to discover your devices again. This may be necessary, for example, if you rename the mower in the Automower® Connect app; then Alexa will not be able to identify it and needs to discover it again.
More smart ways to control your Automower® robotic lawn mower with Amazon Alexa
If you add your Automower® robotic lawn mower to a group you can control it with time-saving group commands. For example, if you create a group called All mowers that includes all your robotic lawn mowers, you can start them all at the same time by saying Start All mowers. Or, if you add it to a group called Garden together with all of your other connected garden devices, you can ask Alexa about the Garden status and Alexa will reply with the status of all your connected garden devices.
Create routines to easily save time by grouping a number of Automower® actions so you do not have to ask for each action individually.
Remove an Automower® robotic lawn mower from your Amazon Alexa account
If you do not want to your Automower® robotic lawn mower to appear in the list of devices in Alexa, you can remove it. Doing so will also remove it from all groups and routines. If you want to add the product again later on, you can ask Alexa to discover your devices and it will appear again.
Removing a device does not affect the connection between your Automower® Connect account and Amazon Alexa.
- Tap Devices > Vacuum Cleaners.
- Select the product in the list and tap the Delete icon.
- Verify that you want to remove it by tapping Delete.
Remove the connection between Automower® Connect and Amazon Alexa
For information on how to remove the connection between your Automower® Connect account and Amazon Alexa together with all user data related to the Automower® skill from Amazon Alexa, see Unlinking your Automower® Connect account from Amazon Alexa.