How to start a leaf blower
For your leaf blower to work optimally, you need to start it correctly.
Starting a cold engine
WARNING: Air is released as soon as the engine is started, even when it is idle. Do not let anyone stand close to the blower or the blower tube.
- Move the throttle control to the idle position.
- Push the air purge bulb repeatedly for minimum of 10 times, until fuel starts to fill the air purge bulb. It is not necessary to fill the air purge bulb completely.
- Push the choke control to the closed choke position.
- Put the product on a flat surface or the ground.
- Hold the product with one hand.
- Pull the starter rope handle slowly until you feel some resistance.
NOTE: Do not pull the starter rope handle to full extension and do not let go of the starter rope handle.
- Pull the starter rope handle quickly until the engine starts or attempts to start, for a maximum of 6 times. If the engine starts, move the choke control to the open position.
- When the engine attempts to start, move the choke control to the open position.
- Pull the starter rope handle quickly until the engine starts, for a maximum of 6 times.
NOTE: If the engine does not start, repeat the starting instructions from step 1.
- Let the engine run for 30 seconds, so that it warms up before operation.
Starting a warm engine
- If the ambient temperature is between 15°C (59°F) and 32°C (90°F), use the same starting procedure as described for a Cold Engine Start, but do not pull the choke control in the closed choke position.
- If the ambient temperature is above 32°C (90°F), use the following procedure:
- Push and hold the throttle trigger.
- Move the choke control to 1/2 position.
- Pull the starter rope handle quickly while pulling the throttle trigger, until the engine runs.
- Move the choke control to OFF CHOKE (opened) position.
Start the engine when the fuel is too hot
In some instances, the leaf blower will not start because the fuel is too hot.
NOTE: Always use new fuel and decrease operation time during warm weather.
- Put the leaf blower in a cool area away from direct sunlight.
- Let the product cool down for at least 20 minutes.
- Press the air purge bulb again and again for 10–15 minutes.