What is a Husqvarna Fleet Services™ gateway and how do I set it up?
What is a Husqvarna Fleet Services™ gateway?
A Husqvarna Fleet Services™ gateway is a tablet or similar device with the Husqvarna Fleet Services™ Gateway app installed. It is used to upload data from your machines to Husqvarna Fleet Services™. The gateway can also be used to connect new machines to Husqvarna Fleet Services™.
Husqvarna recommends setting up a gateway for Husqvarna Fleet Services™, for example by installing the gateway device in a permanent position, such as on a wall in the area where the machines are stored.
Your equipment is automatically detected when it is returned to the storage area at the end of the day and the gateway uploads the data to the Husqvarna Fleet Services™ system. This is particularly useful if machines have been operating outside of Bluetooth range during the day.
Note: The Husqvarna Fleet Services™ Gateway app is only available for Android.
Configuring a Husqvarna Fleet Services™ gateway
To set up a Husqvarna Fleet Services™ gateway, follow the instructions below:
- Download the Husqvarna Fleet Services™ Gateway app from Google Play.
- Open the Husqvarna Fleet Services™ Gateway app. When you open the app for the first time, you will need to login using your Husqvarna Fleet Services™ user account. This can be any Husqvarna account. If you have a number of gateways, we recommend that you set them up using different Husqvarna accounts. This allows you to reset the password on one gateway without having to update the password on all of your gateways (which may be placed in various locations around your work area). For more information on how to simplify your gateway management using Gmail, see Using one Gmail account for several gateways.
- Select whether the gateway device should be used as a stationary or mobile gateway.
- A stationary gateway is intended for use in a workshop, warehouse or other similar places where your machines are stored when not in use. Make sure that the gateway device is plugged in to a charger, the screen is turned on and that the device always has access to Wi-Fi.
- A mobile gateway is meant to be used out in the field, such as in the vehicle used to transport machines out to work or by an operator. The app does not have to be open in the foreground; it can be used even when the user has the screen of the device turned off.
- If desired, you can set the location where the gateway device is to be used.
- If you are configuring a stationary gateway, we recommend that you set a location. This means that the gateway will always report that specific location for all machines registered nearby.
- If you are configuring a mobile gateway, we recommend that you skip this step as you will likely be moving around with the gateway and will therefore be registering new locations all of the time.
- Name your gateway. Give your gateway a unique name that is easily identifiable as the specific gateway location.
Your gateway is now configured and will start uploading machine data and monitor machine location.
Note: If needed, you can always change the settings later on. Just open the settings in the top right corner and make the desired changes.