Park your mower using Google Calendar
If you have planned any events in your garden, such as a garden party, during which you want your Automower® robotic lawn mower to be parked, you can now add the event to your Google calendar and use a Smart Connection in Automower® Connect to keep your mower parked during the event.
Enabling the Smart Connection
- In the Automower® Connect app, tap the More button and select Smart Home.
- If this is the first time you have used a Smart Connection or an IFTTT applet, see Getting started with the Smart Connections in the Automower® Connect app.
- Select Park your mower using Google Calendar.
- To enable the connection, tap the Connect Google slider.
- If you are setting up this connection for the first time, you will have to log in to your Google account and allow IFTTT to access your Google Calendar and its data. Enter the credentials for the Google account you want to connect to IFTTT.
- Specify your Automower® park keyword. This is the word or phrase that will park your mower when it is found in your calendar.
- Select which calendar to use.
- Select which mower you want to control (if you have more than one mower connected to your Automower® Connect account). The Smart Connection can only control one mower at a time.
- Tap Save.
- Create one or more events in your Google Calendar with the keyword you specified in the title or description.
Your mower will now be parked automatically each time an event with the keyword is found in your Google Calendar. It will start operating according to the normal mowing schedule when the calendar activity is over.
For more information on the calendar service used, see Google Calendar. At present, the only supported calendar is Google Calendar, but in the future, more calendars may be added. (Of course, using IFTTT, you can always create your very own applet using a calendar of your choice that is supported by IFTTT.)
Disabling the Smart Connection
To disable the Smart Connection so that it does not park your mower even when the calendar entry matches your park keyword, simply disconnect it by tapping the slider again.