Love this mower, BUT!!!
Purchased this mower 2 months ago, and absolutely love the power and the drive system! Starts everytime on the first pull, and I love the look and feel of the mower.
That being said, I have two major issues with it:
1) Like MANY people on this site, I have a problem with the bagging system leaving a trail of grass on the discharge side of the mower. Very frustrating!
2) I already have a hole in my bag! It ripped where it is sewed to the plastic bottom. Very cheaply made, and I am NOT happy! I am hopeful the manufacturer will stand behind their product!
June 13, 2013
I like this mower.
I have a lawn care business and push mow about 10 yards. My old mower was starting to lose power so I thought I would try the AWD mower. Great purchase! One yard is extremely steep and it blows right thru it. As long as you are using the side discharge or mulching, I don't think you can beat it. Bagging is my only complaint. They only make a blade for all three type of mowing for now. This blade does not bag well! When bagging , it leaves a rib of grass on the discharge side and only fill the bag about half way. They need to design a high lift, bagging blade. Other than that, it works great!
June 11, 2013
Thrilled to Own a HUSQVARNA ALL WHEEL DRIVE
Previous reviews helped me to decide that this was the Lawnmower to me. I have over 1/2 an acre and most of the lawn is done by a rider, but I need a small mower for the wooded area and a fenced in area. Purchased and used it for the first this weekend and LOVED IT!!!
Several points from other reviews that I would like to stress:
1. The wheels do lock up if you try and pull the mower back without rolling it a little forward out of drive first. NOT A BIG DEAL and was easy to get used to. See this as a AWD thing that is different than 2WD.
2. Mulching. Someone commented that the Mulching Plug in the Back Door is TOO SMALL and Grass gets trapped inside the door. This is VERY ACCURATE and HUSQVARNA should develop a fix to this problem so that owners can get this door retrofitted with a better plug that prevents this buildup. I cut my lawn twice a week so it is not too long and I had no clumps, but I can see where people complain about clumps of grass when they Mulch. THIS PLUG IS TOO SMALL!!!
3. Engine and Power. Started right up and was wonderful going up and down our back yard. The AWD is incredible and definitely a complete different feel from a front or back self propelled lawnmower. Hope Honda lives up to it's name in terms of durability.
4. Durability. I gave this mower a "Good" because it is Brand New and Time will tell how durable it is. All appears to be VERY WELL MADE and nothing appears to be "Cheap"
5. Value. Definitely worth the money and I looked at a lot before deciding. HUSQVARNA should solve the Mulching Plug problem and provide registered owners with the fix for it (at a nominal fee if any at all) This would show that they are customer focused and that alone would make me a HUSQVARNA Person for Life!!!
June 9, 2013
I have a steep hill and the AWD works great.
But... Controlling the ground speed by how much you squeeze the belt clutch handle is not ergonomic! And it leads one to suspect that the belt slipping will cause excessive wear of the belt' As it is for this 70 year old it is hard to keep up at full squeeze and it is difficult to adjust your squeeze while the mower is pulling away froim you. That's not the definition of ergonomic.
June 5, 2013
I like the honda engine although it sometimes backfires when it starts when warm. This mower will climb right out a ditch. Variable speed it nice,
Cut quality is pretty good but sometimes misses a few blades. Mower is very hard to back up as the back wheels lock up sometimes. Wheel adjustments are a bear and should have been designed better. Discharge shoot is designed wrong as it concentrates all clippings to one line. I have to use a blower ALL THE TIME To blow off excess clippings. Mulcher leaves clumps.
Awd and the honda engine are the best features I think some things have to be fixed for next years model.
June 5, 2013
Worst Mower I've owned
After getting this, assembling it putting oil in it, checking for looseness of parts, and installing the grass catcher, I started it up. A lot of things are almost identical to my craftsman mower. I engaged the drive to move forward and it moved fine...speed adjusts and everything......for about 40 ft. It screeched to a halt (all on level ground) made a horrible sound like I caught the branch of a tree under it (I didn't) and stopped. I lifted it and the "wonderful innovative" drive belt was wrapped around the engine output shaft. I pulled the shredded belt out and started it after about 12 pulls it rattled bad then smoothed out some. I turned it around and the engine kept bogging down. Clumps of grass wer trailing behind me and when I got it limped into the back yard and pulled the grass catcher there was SOME grass in the catcher but the opening the grass was to go through INTO the catcher had plugged tight. My craftsman has NEVER given me problems like this poorly made junk. I'll gladly fix the wheel on my craftsman and go back the smooth mowing.
June 5, 2013
What a Beast!!
I've had this mower for a few months and all I have to say is WOW!!! This mower is a beast!! It's the best mower I have owned PERIOD!!!! It has no problems powering through long grass without bogging down(I didn't mow the back yard for almost a month due to some landscaping)! The mower also has no problems with wet grass and doesn't get stuck in the mud either. The AWD system is flawless, it really pulls the mower without causing any damage to the grass. Great job Husqvarna, you hit a home run with this one!
June 1, 2013
This machine has ample power. My first cut was delayed by weather, and even though I set it high, it was still cutting 2"+ of grass. It never slowed, and left no clumps or wind rows.
I had two issues - one I need to get used to as it is different from my previous competitors mower, and one related to my height #6'4"# and big feet #14#. The rear wheels are set further apart than the front, and when cutting around hardscape, my natural tendency of putting the front wheels close meant the rear wheels rubbed. I now trim a little wider with a trimmer and reference the rear wheels to the hardscape.
When bagging, with my long stride and big feet, I sometimes end up kicking or tripping on the rear of the bag. I am now taking shorter and more steps #better exercise anyway!# to avoid the problem.
Other than that, it is a well designed mower, cuts and mulches very well, and is easy to control, both speed and turning. I cut about 1/4 acre, and I have no hand fatique from the speed controls after a cutting. The weight of the mower keeps all four wheels engaged, and mowing uphill is a dream.
I would strongly recommend this product.
May 30, 2013