GET 'ER DONE
PURCHASED LAST MONTH., USED 4 TIMES. ALL FEATURES AS SPECIFIED. 1 PULL START. EASY HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT. SPEED CONTROL IDEAL -- GREAT ON INCLINES. CUTTING (MULCH) THICK BURMUDA WITH 80% OF LAWN ON INCLINE UP TO 20 DEGREES, .8 ACRE. NO PROBLEMS PULLING BACKWARDS ... FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. WILL UPDATE LATER FOR DURABILITY.
September 15, 2014
Just used this mower for the first time and am very impressed. I ALMOST look forward to doing the lawn again. My only fault, if you can call it a fault, is the speed control. If you could lock it in position it would be perfect. I think it is just something I need to get used to. Other than that, out of the box, gas, oil, and one pull and she started right up. Could not ask for anything better.
September 15, 2014
poor rear wheel design
Rear wheels and brackets are poor design hard to mow with on uneven ground
September 2, 2014
I bought this mower when I purchased my current house. I used it for the first few months until I ended up hiring a gardener. I recently fired my gardener for several weeks of no-show, but in this time I ended up doing the work myself. My mower had sat unused for about 7 months, but regardless, it started up right away with no problems. This might be due to the fact that I always run fuel stabilizer in my power tool gas because I don't know how long it will sit (either in the gas can or in the tool), and also when I know I won't be using it for a while, I turn off the fuel valve and let it run until it runs itself out of fuel. This prevents the carburetor from getting gunked up with bad fuel.
I really like the deck wash feature -- I prefer to let my grass dry out for at least a day before cutting, but it always seems some grass will get packed into the underside of the deck. The wash does a pretty effective job of keeping the underside of the deck clean.
My only complaint with the otherwise wonderful Honda engine is that there seems to be a small oil leak somewhere. Just enough to sweat on the surface. Not sure if it's worth claiming on the warranty though. Other than that, the locking latch for the side discharge door is pretty much useless as it is extremely difficult to lock/unlock, and even when locked, I question its effectiveness.
Bottom line is, if you don't want to spent the extra money for a real Honda mower, then this is the next best thing. Maybe the real deal Honda mower is built tougher (other reviewers here have commented on the Husky not being able to endure rough handling), but for my size yard, and the fact that I'm not hard on my equipment, the Husqvarna works just fine.
September 2, 2014
Honda engine usually starts on first pull. Lawn mower works well.
August 17, 2014
Performs about average.
I've had this mower for about 2 months now and used it weekly since I got it. Overall I'm satisfied with it but I cant really say I love it. Below are the things I like and don't care for:
The good things:
- Always starts on the first pull
- Pretty light and easy to push. A lot of time I don't even bother with the self-propelled engagement.
- Like the larger rear wheels.
The bad things:
- Grass really seems to get stuck under the deck. I only use this mower for what I can't get with my tractor and every time I use it there is TONS of grass caught under the deck. Using the cleaning attachment spayer doesn't work well. I always end up having to lift the front end up and spray under it manually. I have to clean it every time I use it or the grass buildup is terrible.
- It is not rear or AWD. I really dont see the point of a front wheel drive self propel. The back wheels are what are always on the ground. They are what should be self-propelled. I know Husqvarna makes rear and AWD mowers but it just seems a bit silly to me that if your only going to propel 2 wheels then they should be rear ones.
- All the wheels feel cheap. I know most mowers now use these same type of plastic wheels but they really do feel cheap. It wouldn't surprise me if I have issues with them in the future as they wear.
When I bought this mower I wanted the cheapest self-propelled they had. It pretty much fits that bill. I think though if I had it to do over I would have gone with an AWD model and paid slightly more.
August 17, 2014
Bad out of the box
I just assembled the mower after purchasing it at Lowe's, added oil and gas. It started on the first pull. Pulled the drive levers and nothing. The front wheels are completely locked up. Will not roll at all, with or without power. Engine on or off. Quality control? Tomorrow it goes back to Lowe's.
August 16, 2014
I replaced my Troybilt with this Husqvarna 700F from Lowe's about two years ago and have never had a problem, my Troybilt was much less reliable. Mow just about every week during the spring/summer/fall months as we get decent rainfall which keeps the grass growing. The only problem I have is that the grass catcher bag has completely worn out with a big hole in the back and I have no idea how to go about replacing it. If a Husqvarna rep could get back to me with this, that would be great. The grass catcher bag is the only part that I need to replace, the metal frame is fine.
August 15, 2014