Excellent mower for the price
I have only had this mower for over a month but it exceeds all my expectations. After much research this one came out on top. Plus buying it direct from a dealer made it easier as they can do all the service on it. I also purchased the mulching kit and the rear bagger. Both are easy to put on and take off. This is my first riding mower and so far I am very pleased. Having a bad back, the tall seat makes the mowing easier on it.
May 16, 2013
Have had for 3 weeks and it is great. I have 9 acres and cut for an hour or so every night. No problems at all. Have not had any issues that some have commented about.
May 14, 2013
Won't Start - EVER!
* POWER: It will pull the wagon uphill, even when a heavy load is in there.
* REVERSE CUT: It goes backwards, even with the blades cutting. THAT is a good thing.
* Poor cut job: Dual blades cut a wide swath, but since they don't overlap, they leave a strip of uncut grass down the center, which forces me to go over it again, and again! One single blade would do a better job, and faster, than this double wide.
* It Won't Start - EVER!
This thing spends more time in the shop than mowing, or anything else. We've had it tuned up repeatedly, and replaced the battery, etc, but it's simply a guess, EVERY time, as to whether it's gonna start or not. Way too often - NOT!
* Harder to drive than it needs to be. There are no brakes, so one pedal acts as a gas and brake, at once. As you let off the gas, it not only slows down, it brakes! That makes it lurch, and the act of being lurched causes your foot to move, which can result in a loop, of starting and stopping, so you look like a kid learning to drive a clutch - badly. A bit of a learning curve for that. It's doable, but why make it like that?
* Speed: This engine is capable of a lot, but I notice that when I'm trying to get from one end of the property to the other, with no mower running, it takes off fast, but then suddenly throttles back, so I'm at just slightly faster than walking speed. This thing can certainly go a lot faster than that, so why force me to mosey on back to the house when I'm done? I can see it if the blades are turning, but once disengaged, I should be able to haul it back home in no time. Don't need a nanny to throttle my speed for me.
Overall, I could live with the annoyances if the thing would START! Unfortunately, I could have bought a brand new one for the amount of money and hassle I've blown on having it worked on! It isn't really a mower, now is it - if you can't even get it started!
May 6, 2013
I almost bought a zero turn but instead I got this. I saved alot of money and still got something great. The turning radius on this mower is amazing along with the speed as well. My grand father has a john deere and everytime you want to go backwards with the pto on you have to hold a button. But on this mower all you have to do is turn the key to a certain position while cutting grass and you may back up anytime you want. Overall this is a great mower and I would definitly recommend buying one if you're looking for a good riding mower for a low price.
April 29, 2013
This is a great lawn tractor. It runs very smooth and surprisingly quiet. Finally owning such a great machine makes my lawn chores a pleasure. It has plenty of power to handle my 2 acres and it was a great value compared to other comparable tractors. I look forward to many years of use.
April 21, 2013
Husq 46in cut... twin cylinder engine...
Just purchased it about a month ago. I've cut my grass 3 times. It takes less time than my old Troybilt . the twin cylinder engine is great. More powerful and a better cut. purchased it at Lowes. Purchase this over a 42in JD or Cub Cadet.
April 21, 2013
First of all how can you have a Q without a U. I purchased the tractor 3 weeks ago March 27th 2013.This is after a long comparison between the Cub-Cadet 46 in. 20 HP Kohler Courage Hydrostatic Riding Lawn Mower LTX1045 3-year/120-hr and 5-year/500-hr limited warranty
and the John Deere John Deere D105 17.5 HP Single Cylinder Automatic 42-in Riding Lawn Mower.
The Husqvarna has more horsepower then both and the warranty is slightly better along with the ergonomic feel was more comfortable to me then the other 2. My first mow was 45min less than what it took last year with My tired old craftman 42" So far very pleased with my purchase
April 18, 2013
*Beware* Spec is Wrong on Gas Tank Location
I was so looking forward to buying this 2013 Husqvarna YTH22V46. One of my wants in a riding lawnmower was to have the gas tank in the rear. I didn't want to deal with opening the hood every time I filled the tank and having to worry about spilling gas on the engine. According to the attached specs the gas tank is listed in the rear of this model. Since the big box store didn't have this model on display, I took Husqvarna's specs for fact and ordered the mower. I had to refuse the shipment because the tank is in fact next to the engine in the front of the mower. Lots of time wasted. I tried to find a phone number on Husqvarna's website to call them to let them know of the error, but I had no luck. Not sure what my next move is going to be on a mower purchase.
April 15, 2013