In 1955 Bob and Evelyn Patterson founded Central Valley Builders Supply in St. Helena; the heart of the Napa Valley. Prune and walnut orchards were the norm back then, and building was concentrated on rural farms and small homes. But through innovative business practices, the Patterson Family adapted to the changing environment. Now equipped with retail facilities in St. Helena, Napa, Healdsburg, and Woodland and a distribution center in American Canyon CVBS is capable of serving all of Northern California. Coupled with an International Division serving the Pacific Rim and beyond Central Valley continues to set the standard in the building industry. Along with the depth and breadth of its services and products, CVBS prides itself in being authentic, resourceful, and capable in its business practices. The Patterson family is now in its third generation of ownership as Steve Patterson continues to build on this legacy of innovation.