1. Activate the chain brake.
2. If the model is equipped with a decompression control – press this.
3. Activate the choke. If the saw is equipped with Air Purge/fuel pump, press the bulb a few times until the fuel is visible inside it and thereby enters the carburettor.
4. Starting on the ground: Put your right foot in the rear handle and keep a firm grip on the front handle with your left hand. Starting with the saw between your legs: Place the rear handle between your thighs and behind your right knee. Hold the front handle firmly with your left hand.
5. Pull the starter handle with your right hand. Repeat until the engine fires.
Push the choke (half-throttle) and pull until the saw starts.
6. Accelerate so that the engine idles and then release the chain brake.
When the engine is hot, it’ll start without the choke. Follow the instructions above, but disregard the points relating to the choke. If the engine is difficult to start, apply half-throttle. You access the half-throttle function by first fully activating the choke, then moving the control back.