Checklist for cleaning your Husqvarna Automower®
- Turn the MAIN POWER switch ON\OFF button to ‘off’, and put on a pair of protective gloves;
- Lay a towel or old blanket on the bench or ground and place your Automower® upside-down on it. This will help prevent any scratches to the body;
- Use your hands to remove the bulk of any clippings, dirt and debris;
- Next, take a dry brush such as the one found in the Automower® Cleaning & Maintenance Kit and run it over the wheels, body and skid plate to remove any stubborn debris;
- Turn the Automower® back around to remove any loosened debris and loose clippings - but don’t shake it excessively;
- Now, take a damp microfiber cloth, free from solvents and detergents, and wipe down the panels, chassis, etc. and allow it to air-dry;
- Take it to your Elite Automower® Dealer for professional cleaning and servicing including firmware updates and component tests every six months to keep it running at peak performance.
To ensure you don’t cause damage to your Automower® when cleaning it yourself, there are a few things you should avoid doing. These include the following:
- Never submerge your Automower® in water or use a hose when it's upside down;
- Don’t use a pressure washer to clean it. This can force water into the electrics;
- Solvents, chemicals and detergents can destroy the chassis and inner parts;
- Avoid using wire wool and wire brushes to clean your Automower®;
- Never clean your Automower® while the power is still on.