Stand on the left side of the trunk and begin limbing on the right side of the trunk. Work calmly and methodically, branch by branch. The branches can be sawn with a pulling or pushing chain depending on the direction you apply the guide bar and how much the branch weighs.
Limb the trunk on the right side, top and left side from the position you are standing. Now move forward to the next round of branches. Place the saw on the right side of the trunk and let the saw slide along the stem with a stationary chain.
Limbing on the right side
• Let the saw rest against the trunk with the guide bar on the right side
• Saw with a pushing or pulling chain
• Support your right leg against the trunk for extra balance
Limbing from the top
• Let the guide bar rest on the trunk
• Saw with a pushing chain
• Place your right leg against the saw body
Limbing on the left side
• Balance the saw against the trunk and one leg
• Saw with a pulling or pushing chain