This product has good features after a few flaws was worked out!
I purchased this product from a local farm retail store. Probably first mistake but got a discount on the price, went mow for the first time and the belt was throw off along with the tension spring. Reassemble the belt and srping, started the mower up and engaged the blade and the belt and spring came off again. Doing the belt engaging procedures according to the on board stickers, the belt came off everything. Called the retail store where I purchased the product and the repair man said to do this way, done it this way and it still throw the belt and spring. After about 4 or 5 times of this problem I finally got it to stay on when I engaged the belts. After the first mow I throughly inspected the machine, and seen when the spring bolted up and thought i found the problem, I was wrong, after I put a washer on top of spring from keeping it for poping up and off, the spring would come off from the deck side...tightened the bolt at the location and it helped...and belt tension, I thought was/would be a requirement before leave the factor/assemble line.
2. If you are unable to haul your machine facing forward, being forced to haul it with the rear of the mower face the truck, and forget to put the seat up so the wind doesnt catch it and blow it for you, with enough force it unhooks the safety switch resulting in a non-starting machine when you go to start it the next time. An easy problem fix would be in the wiring system, make it a longer reach, because with the seat slide back all the way and the seat poped up...and the safety switch wires are being stretched out and results are unpluged safety switch resulting in a problem on start up.
3. Went to change oil for the first time and filter, which is suppose to hand tight, required tools on replacing the filter, I work in a express lube station and filter are hand tight not tool tight!
4. With all the problems Ive had so far, all the good Ive had with this machine still over ruler the bads!
I would like to add a requirement, the owners mans. that come with the machine doesnt help much with every day problems and/or requirements. I had to call around to find one that knew more about this machine on whether the tube I was messing with was the correct tube for draining the oil. The mans. also dont state the quaity of additives. Had to call to find out how much oil to put back in the machine. If these machine are suppose to come with this kind of man. mine didnt, which still to this day, is very frustrating!
May 15, 2012
Once the bugs were worked out, this is a fine machine
1, Less than a hour after delivery, you know I was wanting to cut some grass, one of the rear tires locked up. I checked the tire relese tabs and the brake, the tire release for the wheel that was locked up would not release the wheel when engaged. I went inside and called the company I purchased the machine from and described my problem to them. Was told they would have to call their mechanic as they hadn't had this problem before and would call back. While waiting, I manuvered the mower under a tree and raised the rear of the machine enough to crawl under for a better look. What I found was a pin had fallen out of the arm leading to the wheel release lever locking the wheel in place, I made a makeshift ring and re-connected the arm. The wheel released and I cut some grass. About a hour later the company I purchased the machine from called, They said their mechanic didn't know what the problem was and they were going to send him out. I told them what I had found and done to make the repair and that the machine was working, no need to send him.
2. The second time I cut grass the deck belt busted, Get ready, $38. and some change per belt. While installing the belt I noticed one of the belt tension wheeels was canted, this caused the belt to rub in an area which should have been free. I tweeked the roller platform slightly and replaced the wheel. Working fine now.
3. When engaging the blades, the tension wheel was not swinging with ease and I would have to stop the mower, lift the deck access plate and physically pull the wheel forward, or with the mower running and the blades engaged, lift the plate and use a golf club handle to force the wheel forward to get enough tension on the belt to spin the blades. While replacing the deck belt I noticed there was a locking nut that was too tight on the blade engagement mechanisim. I loosened the nut a bit allowing the works to move with a bit more ease. Working fine now.
Yes, once the bugs were worked out this is a fine machine, cuts my yard in about halve the time as my old tractor style mower, with a much better finish. Should have purchased one of these mowers years ago.
May 3, 2012
Just got this mower and could'nt be happier! would deffently recommend to everyone!
January 25, 2012
Our first riding Husqvarna was purchased USED almost 12 years ago and maintained as needed (basically once a year!) We own 2 homes and an office building-no mowers we owned prior to the first riding Husqvarna, ever exceeded the lifetime use of more than 5 years in operation despite routine maintenance: FYI- 1-Sears brand, 1-John Deere and 2 Snapper riding mowers purchased new, but never lasted. As all of our experiences with the first Husqvarna were so wonderful, due to permanent medical issues involving the spine, we opted for this new zero turn mower which exceeds our expectations, cutting lawns in half the time. Our past experience with the other Husqvarna, ease of maintenance, cleaning, reliability and comfort were our main reasons for purchasing this new Husqvarna zero turn mower. We are delighted with this purchase and highly recommend this mower to others suffering from back problems. The zero turn mower utilizes one's upper body to control and operate this mower, thereby eliminating foot, leg and back pain from operating a clutch and brake with the lower torso of the human body. The springs under the seat allow for a very comfortable ride!
Thank you Husqvarna for designing such an amazing mower!
September 19, 2011
I mow over an acre, and a lot of that is pretty rough terrain. The RZ4621 leaves a very even looking lawn for me.
July 17, 2011
The performance of this mower is good.
This mower performs well in a moderate sized yard with trees and bushes.
April 26, 2011
this is a good zreo turn mower if you live on flat property. we were falsely told this rider would do great on our hilly property. over all this is a good mower. like i said if you live were you got to mow on any hills not good get a garden tractor. that will be my next purchase. price was fair! we did have some other issues do to the dealer nothing to do with husqvarna.
March 8, 2011
a good mower
i have had this mower for 1.5 years now. i have had to have it serviced once for a transmission in less then three month. have not had any problems since then cuts great, runs very well, oil drain was a pain to loosen(it got a little chewed up its brass)
,not good on damp grass. I cut my grass in half the time it took before. would buy again for sure!
March 2, 2011