Great mower, But..
First of I would like to say that I don’t have any hills or slopes in my yard just very thick centipede grass.
Where do I start, this is a very cool looking mower being that orange is my favorite color. I pulled the lawn mower out of the box added oil and gas, gave it one pull and it started no problem at all. Pulled the handle for the AWD and this thing nearly took off and almost got away from me. I really wasn’t expecting this mower to have that much power and speed.
Changing the height was very easy, no problem there.
It handles great, feels like your just taking a walk in your yard when your behind it. The mower does all the work your just there to guide it.
Took a while for me to get used to corners and turning.
The engine could handle just about anything, which leads me to talk about the things that I feel Husqvarna could of improve and change.
When your making a turn or turning around and the self propelled is in engaged, it makes kind of a grinding noise. I don’t know if this is the belt or the transmissions and gears catching up with the peace that I’m pushing the mower. I do see this becoming a problem that I would have to repair in the future.
Mulching, this mower did not do a good job at mulching. There were times where the grass would build up under the mower and the engine would bog down. I don’t know if it was just that my grass was to thick or what but it really became a problem where I had to attach the side discharge to finish the job. This mower need to have a device installed underneath into the mulching system like the Toro models have to help with mulching.
Also for the price this mower should have a blade stop and a electric start.
Overall this is a really great mower, but it needs a little more improvement in the areas I mention above. For the price of $500 there are much better mowers
June 17, 2013
Consistently leaves a trail of grass;
After three mowings in medium length, dry grass, this mower consistently leaves a trail of grass on the right side. Even mowing half widths, along with the trail, the discharge chute clogs with the bag still half full. The manual says to mow in a clockwise pattern, but this isn't always possible. I ended up mowing 50% more of my lawn to pick up the grass left behind. I wish Husqvarna would address this defect with a new blade design or recall.
June 16, 2013
smooth & powerful
I can't believe it----I finally have a mower with the power and ease to climb all the banks and hills I have to mow!! I love the "start up" on one pull ( always ). Since I have arthritis in my hands, this makes it so much easier for me. Thanks for a great product. Pearl
June 16, 2013
It does every thing that the tv add show you it can do.The best mower I have ever owned, and I'm 65 yo.
Thank you Husqvarna keep up the great work!!
June 13, 2013
Love this mower, BUT!!!
Purchased this mower 2 months ago, and absolutely love the power and the drive system! Starts everytime on the first pull, and I love the look and feel of the mower.
That being said, I have two major issues with it:
1) Like MANY people on this site, I have a problem with the bagging system leaving a trail of grass on the discharge side of the mower. Very frustrating!
2) I already have a hole in my bag! It ripped where it is sewed to the plastic bottom. Very cheaply made, and I am NOT happy! I am hopeful the manufacturer will stand behind their product!
June 13, 2013
I like this mower.
I have a lawn care business and push mow about 10 yards. My old mower was starting to lose power so I thought I would try the AWD mower. Great purchase! One yard is extremely steep and it blows right thru it. As long as you are using the side discharge or mulching, I don't think you can beat it. Bagging is my only complaint. They only make a blade for all three type of mowing for now. This blade does not bag well! When bagging , it leaves a rib of grass on the discharge side and only fill the bag about half way. They need to design a high lift, bagging blade. Other than that, it works great!
June 11, 2013
Thrilled to Own a HUSQVARNA ALL WHEEL DRIVE
Previous reviews helped me to decide that this was the Lawnmower to me. I have over 1/2 an acre and most of the lawn is done by a rider, but I need a small mower for the wooded area and a fenced in area. Purchased and used it for the first this weekend and LOVED IT!!!
Several points from other reviews that I would like to stress:
1. The wheels do lock up if you try and pull the mower back without rolling it a little forward out of drive first. NOT A BIG DEAL and was easy to get used to. See this as a AWD thing that is different than 2WD.
2. Mulching. Someone commented that the Mulching Plug in the Back Door is TOO SMALL and Grass gets trapped inside the door. This is VERY ACCURATE and HUSQVARNA should develop a fix to this problem so that owners can get this door retrofitted with a better plug that prevents this buildup. I cut my lawn twice a week so it is not too long and I had no clumps, but I can see where people complain about clumps of grass when they Mulch. THIS PLUG IS TOO SMALL!!!
3. Engine and Power. Started right up and was wonderful going up and down our back yard. The AWD is incredible and definitely a complete different feel from a front or back self propelled lawnmower. Hope Honda lives up to it's name in terms of durability.
4. Durability. I gave this mower a "Good" because it is Brand New and Time will tell how durable it is. All appears to be VERY WELL MADE and nothing appears to be "Cheap"
5. Value. Definitely worth the money and I looked at a lot before deciding. HUSQVARNA should solve the Mulching Plug problem and provide registered owners with the fix for it (at a nominal fee if any at all) This would show that they are customer focused and that alone would make me a HUSQVARNA Person for Life!!!
June 9, 2013
I have a steep hill and the AWD works great.
But... Controlling the ground speed by how much you squeeze the belt clutch handle is not ergonomic! And it leads one to suspect that the belt slipping will cause excessive wear of the belt' As it is for this 70 year old it is hard to keep up at full squeeze and it is difficult to adjust your squeeze while the mower is pulling away froim you. That's not the definition of ergonomic.
June 5, 2013