I've waited to review this mower until I could get some really good use out of it. I have 42 hours on it and have no complaints besides some minor flaws with the front tires going flat. I took the tires to the dealer where I bought it and they gave me a tube and took it down to the tire store and they paid to have the tube installed. Other than that, I really have no complaints. The mower cuts excellant once your gauge wheels and deck is set properly. The mower could go a little faster in my opinion but I didn't test the higher horsepower models to get a base comparison on speed. I purchased the mulching kit which came with mulching blades and a baffle for the side discharge. I noticed that the lawn looks a lot better without the baffle in place. It seems that the grass just gets clumped up too much despite adjusting the height of the deck higher. Other than these few minor things I wouldn't have any other mower. I have mowed with other brands before but they just don't compare to the mower you get here from Husqvarna.
September 21, 2012
Nice features for the price, but here are the issues I have faced in a little over 3 years of ownership.
1) at ~100 hours the mower deck broke at a poor weld. Replaced under warranty but had to wait 1 month to get back while waiting on parts.
2) at ~125 hours engine began burning oil profusely. Tractor was 1 month past warranty and no concession offered. I replaced engine with entire new engine purchased from online vendor where I found a 27 HP B&S with same frame for about $600. Husqvarna nor B&S would stand behind original engine.
3) Tractor now has 220 hours on it and a broken frame. The rear-end is bolted to the frame with 4 bolts on stamped steel tabs. Those tabs are broken. Off to find a welding shop to patch it back up.
In summary, very troublesome tractor that they won't stand behind. Will never buy another Husqvarna product (currently have tractor, push mower, chain saw, and blower), nor would I ever recommend to anyone.
May 11, 2013
Flawless for me !
I don't expect all to agree or to have had the experience I did, but I used this tractor for about 60+ hrs and had a flawless experience. Absolutely no problems under sometimes pretty hard usage. I mowed some higher angle hills with great results and confidence. Power was always great and responsive. Loved the safety, features, and ergonomics. Nice turning radius, ride, and seat. As far as I am concerned, I would buy another should the need arise. Bought at a local Lowe's and never looked back. Not a cheap date, but how can I complain about the money when the performance was so great.
May 6, 2013
Great Tractor for the Value!
On my quest to find a mower, I came across this little gem more than once, maybe more because the psychological effects of the color "orange". I have a quaint 1.5 to cut that's pretty flat for the most part. I didn't want to pay 4 months of mortgage for a 0-Turn and wanted some extra cash to get a couple of accessories. Rural King finally ran a sell on their mowers and I got a good rebate from it, as well as, a dump cart for hauling. I've had it for a month now and use it quite a bit for mowing, obviously, and hauling limbs, dirt, logs, and the dog. It's only cons, it could always have more power, and as for my yard it will beat you to death at high speeds. Great product nonetheless!
April 25, 2013
Good Mower but:
I have 110 Hours on this mower in 2 years. All has worked well and the cutting performance is good but:
1) One of the tires was out of round and needed to be replaced by lowes
2) Headlight switch did not work from day one and was replaced by me. Lights are almost useless if they work.
3) Deck Support brace welds failed after one year and were properly fillet welded locally.
4) Pin hole in weld around grease zirc fitting on front wheel bearing leaks grease when adding grease to wheel brearing, preventing all grease from getting to bearing.
5) Cup holder is on wrong side and gets full of dust and grass
6) Cruize Control will not hold full speed..only about 3/4 speed
7) 2 out of 3 Bearing Housings have broke their mounting feet, requiring replacement.
8) Gas Gauge is useless.
My 3 year acre yard is not fully smooth and groomed, but I am sure it is not much different than many other tree'd lots that this mower is used on.
1) Briggs and Straton Engine
2) Hydrastatic Drive
3) Fixing most of this stuff myself and not relying on Lowes or other.
4) Greasable Blade Bearings
April 1, 2013
6 months old transmission will not engage, LOWES refuses
I am a totally disabled vet that bought this product about 6months ago. Loved it, powerful, 48 inch 23hp was very glad I spent more for quality. went to use it and it will not go into forward or reverse??!!! My view was pay more enjoy quality for years. Lowes refuses to talk to me. It is > one month old. In fairness this may be fluke. It was great until now. I put this in to see if anyone else has had the same problem. I wish the seat would slide back more, the cut height could not be easier to use. Started every time, love the power, easy on gas, Unless others have same problem this is worth every penny. Get the extended warranty, stay away from Lowes.
March 12, 2013
Great new tractor. Only thing that was a disapointment was the rubber battery strap that had already rotted.
February 21, 2013
Good and durable mower
This is a great machine just wish they made the cut height taller
February 9, 2013