This is my first riding lawn mower. I am very pleased with it. I have right at an acre yard and it has no problems. I looked at JD and Troy Built lawn mowers, but the Husqvarna just seemed like a bigger and better deal.
May 25, 2013
Husqvarna YTH22V46 Fantastic Machine
husqvarna yth22v46 great machine for lawn mower it's started out wen i brought about 3 year ago a johndeere La 105 model from home depot john deere good machine but!!! not good all at all made very cheap des days wen i got a 3 years warrarty on it just finish last year this year my jd enhine blowed brigg 19.5 engine soo up set cost me $$$$ buy new one wen i say buy other jd but!!! i went with husqvarna had passion over them own a husqvarna backpack blower i lovee this mower i got is the the best i ever seen with 22 h.p engine v Twin B&S Intek engine bulit into it truth power house cut grass no tommorm with the hydrostatic transmission take off i can control speed the way the way use it love deck very happy with husqvarna allway buy again and it fast don't go with a jd
May 24, 2013
Runs great, very happy.
Handles easily, smooth operation, great cut. Purchased from and delivered by Lowes. Steering wheel was one tooth off so I pulled it off and reinstalled. Not sure if a manufacturing problem or Lowes assembly but easily corrected. I would prefer a rear mounted fuel tank but not a real issue. No other problems. Starts easily every time. The high back seat is very comfortable.
May 23, 2013
Great mower , bought from a dealer not Lowes. So far this is one of the best mowers I've ever used. The only thing I don't like is the gas tank is under the hood. It really should be in the rear like other tractors in this class are. I've put 6 hours on it since I bought it at the end of March I'm very happy with the cutting performance . The original battery should be replaced immediately , it has a 230 CCA battery from the factory , it should be at least 300 CCA if not 350 CCA. This is the only thing I have changed and did that before I unloaded it.
May 22, 2013
Purchased this unit in April 2013 to replace a 21 yr old Murray hydrostat tractor. What a difference! I should have purchased this tractor years ago. Researched a new tractor all winter long, and came down to either JD or the Husqvarna, and both are just about equal in quality as far as I'm concerned. But to get the features the Husqvarna came with, I would have spent $400 more on the JD. The YTH22V46 is a powerful machine with a 22 H.P. V-Twin B&S Intek engine, gives a beautiful cut, is extremely comfortable to operate and has a remarkable turn radius. A true pleasure to do yard work once again!
May 17, 2013
Excellent mower for the price
I have only had this mower for over a month but it exceeds all my expectations. After much research this one came out on top. Plus buying it direct from a dealer made it easier as they can do all the service on it. I also purchased the mulching kit and the rear bagger. Both are easy to put on and take off. This is my first riding mower and so far I am very pleased. Having a bad back, the tall seat makes the mowing easier on it.
May 16, 2013
Have had for 3 weeks and it is great. I have 9 acres and cut for an hour or so every night. No problems at all. Have not had any issues that some have commented about.
May 14, 2013
Won't Start - EVER!
* POWER: It will pull the wagon uphill, even when a heavy load is in there.
* REVERSE CUT: It goes backwards, even with the blades cutting. THAT is a good thing.
* Poor cut job: Dual blades cut a wide swath, but since they don't overlap, they leave a strip of uncut grass down the center, which forces me to go over it again, and again! One single blade would do a better job, and faster, than this double wide.
* It Won't Start - EVER!
This thing spends more time in the shop than mowing, or anything else. We've had it tuned up repeatedly, and replaced the battery, etc, but it's simply a guess, EVERY time, as to whether it's gonna start or not. Way too often - NOT!
* Harder to drive than it needs to be. There are no brakes, so one pedal acts as a gas and brake, at once. As you let off the gas, it not only slows down, it brakes! That makes it lurch, and the act of being lurched causes your foot to move, which can result in a loop, of starting and stopping, so you look like a kid learning to drive a clutch - badly. A bit of a learning curve for that. It's doable, but why make it like that?
* Speed: This engine is capable of a lot, but I notice that when I'm trying to get from one end of the property to the other, with no mower running, it takes off fast, but then suddenly throttles back, so I'm at just slightly faster than walking speed. This thing can certainly go a lot faster than that, so why force me to mosey on back to the house when I'm done? I can see it if the blades are turning, but once disengaged, I should be able to haul it back home in no time. Don't need a nanny to throttle my speed for me.
Overall, I could live with the annoyances if the thing would START! Unfortunately, I could have bought a brand new one for the amount of money and hassle I've blown on having it worked on! It isn't really a mower, now is it - if you can't even get it started!
May 6, 2013