More power and less effort
Lawnmower cuts great and the ease of use is astounding! It climbs hills and tight around trees. Amazing turn radius for a lawn tractor. I love the automatic locking differential as I have several prominent ditches that require mowing and it climbs out of them really well without stalling or digging in.
The only downside was in the preparation by the dealer. So far, the oil cap came undone and sprayed oil everywhere and I threw a blade this past week, something I never have ever done in other mowers, so I must assume it was not torqued down properly.
July 6, 2014
I just purchased my tractor today. I had researched many tractors online and I was looking for some specific things. Because I live in the mountains I wanted a limited slip differential and a kawasaki engine. So I looked at multiple brands including John Deere, Kubota, and Simplicity. This tractor had all of the things I was looking for and it has an absolutely amazing fabricated deck. My friend that went with me to pick it up has 5 John Deere products from lawn tractors to farm tractors. He said he wished he new about this tractor before his last purchase. He was so impressed with the quality and the build of the deck, spindles and blades. For the price you cannot beat this tractor. As soon as I brought it home I immediately put it to use. I cut almost 2 acres of tall thick pasture grass. Nothing slowed it down and the cut was great. So far no complaints. A very satisfied customer.
June 26, 2014
Few flaws, but good bang for the buck
After moving into a house with 1/2+ acre of somewhat hilly lawn to mow (plus 4 acres of seeded field), we decided to shop around for a rider lawn mower. The price per performance of the Husqvarna couldn't be beat. After owning the YT48XLS for about a year, here's my impressions:
1. No problems with the engine yet. Starts up right away every time, even after being in the shed over a particularly cold winter.
2. Cuts through overgrown grass, and only has issues when it's particularly thick (like thick-bladed grass over a drain field allowed to grow 12+ inches).
3. Easier blades to remove and sharpen that my Toro push mower.
4. Lifetime deck warranty
1. Had a bent spindle on one blade right out of the box, which caused it to rub on the mandrel cover until it literally bore through (surprisingly, this didn't make a gigantic racket while mowing and I didn't notice until I was washing it after two mowings). The warranty covered the replacement spindle, but not the mandrel cover, so I have that eyesore to look at now.
2. Found a flaw in the drive belt design. The brake loosens the drive belt, and releasing the brake tightens it. However, one time the loose belt fell off the rear pulley and releasing the brake tightening it and jerked it into a position that was a real hand-thrasher to get corrected. You'd think the mechanism would be a little more sophisticated to prevent drive belts from falling off pulleys while loosened.
3. Almost no power in reverse, while makes getting into some tight, hilly spots around the house difficult.
4. Rough ground makes for a rough ride.
5. 3 blades instead of 2 makes for a more unfinished look on hilly areas of the lawn.
1. Cup holder clearly designed for a proprietary "locking-in" cup, so whatever that cup is, it should come with the mower like the freebies they throw in when you buy a sports car.
June 9, 2014
I really like the power, smoothness, and quietness of the Kawi motor. The turning radius is small, smaller than the 38" Toro this mower replaced. Cuts fine and was ~$1000 less than the equivalent Deere. The ergonomics of the foot pedal for the hydraulic drive is poor, I must lift my foot off the floor board and press it straight down to make it reverse correctly. To go forward the pedal has to go forward and not down like you would do with the gas pedal on a car. The vinyl covering the seat is paper thin and I expect it to tear in a very short time. The bagger is way too expensive and not that well made for the price. Attaching it and removing it requires the deck height on the right side be adjusted to keep the deck level when it's attached. I would like to see the deck more rigidly mounted to the mower. At first the lever for the deck height seemed to get in the way when getting on and off but as I get more time on it I don't seem to be having as much issue with it.
Even with these faults I like the mower and it mows my 2 acres just fine.
May 23, 2014
Rough Ride and Tight Steering
No thight turns can be made on the fly. Some turns have to be made at a dead stop.Ride is very unforgiving. Reacts to even the least hump or depression in the lawn. Between the two it makes operating this mower alot of work. I missed the comfort part.
May 16, 2014
second new husqvarna riding mower in 2014
I had the 2012 craftsman yts3000 made for them by husqvarna. after two good years of use with it i decided to get a new YTHV2242 with the upgraded deck. It was very much like my older yts30000, but with many improvements in particular the air flow on deck for clearing grass while mowing.
Got into some tall grass right after a rain and got stuck 4 times which is same thing my other mower does also, so i went down to our local lebanon oregon dealer, steve there has always been a straight shooter, and i told him what i wanted for hills, slopes, slick ground etc, and he showed me two models, one the new all electronic model with elec axle lock, and he showed me this model the review is on with a posit traction or no slip differential. I have used it on two mowings where my smaller mowers had traction problems, problem solved, it also has a better deck system, cuts better, rides better, and and softer to ride for us old senior mowers.
I now have the two husky mowers, i use the smaller mower which is no slouch to say the least for smaller lots and jobs, and my big one for bigger projects with slopes, berms, ditches, hill sides, etc. I was really shocked to see the 24 hp kawasaki be easier on gas than the 22hp briggs in the smaller mower. my personal push mower is a husqvarna electric start, and my two riders are also from the Husqvarna line, went in today and ordered the mulching kit for the big mower. HINT! look into husqvarna's excellent 0% finance plans, we used it for our newest husky, heck of a deal!
May 14, 2014
Well built tractor.
Your quality control needs improving. the console asm had a striped out screw hole. And no hex screw .Also a wire to the battery charging system was not hook up. So far its running fine. Don't need the hassle from a new tractor. Great power and solid framing is a plus.
May 10, 2014
This is a comfortable lawn tractor to ride, cuts grass good and has good speed. The limited slip differential is great and will keep the rear wheels from slipping. The only thing that I find wrong with the tractor is it's hard to steer.
May 8, 2014