“The versatility of the DM 650 makes it suitable for all kinds of drilling. It is basically the only machine a drilling professional would need,” says Lars Gustafsson, Global Product Manager.
The electric drill motor is a part of Husqvarna’s PRIME product range - a new generation of high performance technology for electric cutting equipment. It has a high output and can be operated on both 3- and 1-phase power. It delivers 8 hp (6 kW) on the spindle on 3-phase and 4 hp (3 kW) on 1-phase. It weighs only 31 lbs (14 kg), which gives it an outstanding power-to-weight ratio. With the torque boost, speed is reduced in order to increase drilling torque when encountering steel reinforced substrates.
“We always want to offer our customers top-performing products with high usability that facilitate work operations, and the DM 650 does just that. It is a powerful drill motor, perfect for a wide range of hole dimensions,” says Gustafsson.
DM 650 is ideal for all core drilling, from 4" (100 mm) to 24" (600 mm) diameters. The 18-step adjustable rpm range ensures optimal speed for all drill bit dimensions. The drill motor, recommended to be used with the corresponding Husqvarna DS 450 stand, performs effectively when operating on reinforced concrete, brick and other building materials. It is well suited for heavy-duty applications like water drains, ventilation (HVAC), plumbing channels, water drain pipes, gas supply pipes, manholes and barriers.
Durable design for longer product life
The DM 650 is equipped with advanced electronic overload protection, Elgard™. The system makes drilling at maximum pressure possible, without the risk of overloading the machine. The DM 650 also features LED load indicators, which guide the operator to attain optimal performance.
It runs with the separate PP 65 power pack, which is also compatible with the electric
K 6500 power cutter and K 6500 Ring cutter. It is a versatile and air-cooled electric power unit, suitable for surroundings where minimum water usage is required. The digital menu and display make it easy for the operator to keep control of usage and to plan for service and maintenance. The PP 65 is separated from the cutting equipment, which means less exposure to dirt and vibrations, ultimately resulting in a longer product life.
Main benefits DM 650 with PP 65
• Very powerful drill motor delivering 8 hp (6 kW) on the spindle with 3-phase and
• 4 hp (3 kW) with 1-phase.
• 18-step adjustable rpm range ensures optimal speed for all drill bit dimensions.
• Both machine and power pack are easy to carry and install thanks to their low weight
• and ergonomic design.
• Power pack separated from machine, making it less exposed to dirt and vibrations.
• Dust-proof, water-cooled motor with minimal service requirements.
• Torque boost reduces speed to increase drilling torque.
• Durable, shock-proof design protects the electronics.
• Elgard™ enables drilling at maximum pressure without the risk of overload.
• The load indicator LED warns the operator of the risk of motor overload while working.
Husqvarna DM 650
Technical specifications - DM 650
• Power, 3-phase / 1-phase: 8 hp (6 kW) / 4 hp (3 kW)
• Rated voltage: 480 V (3-phase) / 230 V (1-phase)
• Spindle speed no load: 125-250 (3-phase) / 270-530 (1-phase)
• Spindle thread: 1 1/4" 7 UNC
• Max drill diameter, with stand: 24 in (600 mm)
• Weight: 31 lbs (14 kg)
Husqvarna PP 65
Technical specifications - PP 65
• Power output, 3-/1-phase: 8.7 hp (6.5 kW) / 4.7 hp (3.5 kW)
• Rated current: 10A / 16A
• Voltage 3-phase / 1-phase: 180 - 530 / 220-240 V
• Weight: 22 lbs (10kg)