““Our customers are requesting more powerful machines that are easy to use. With the K 6500, we will be able to offer them a power cutter with one of the highest effective outputs on the market that is also easy to use,” says Johan Simonsson, Global Product Manager - Power Cutters.
The main characteristics of the K 6500 lie in its superior ergonomics and high power-to-weight ratio. Another advantage is that it is possible to operate the saw on both 1- and 3-phase power. With an output of up to 7.4 hp (5.5 kW) on 3-phase and 4 hp (3 kW) on 1-phase (230V), it is the most powerful electric power cutter from Husqvarna yet - and one of the most powerful overall. the possibility to select the available source of current increases the flexibility of the K 6500.
“The K 6500 is optimized to quickly cut through a large amount of concrete, while at the same time creating less of an impact on users due to its superior ergonomics. It is fitted with a load indicator (LED) that displays the current load on the machine, which allows users to maximize cutting speed to obtain the most efficient cutting,” says Simonsson.
Wide range of applications
The K 6500 has an ergonomic and user-friendly design with the blade centered in relation to the handles. The power cutter and power pack are both easy to carry and handle thanks to their low weight. This makes the power cutter suitable for applications where easy transportation is required, both to and around the worksite. Low vibrations also contribute to better ergonomics. The durable design and an encapsulated motor keep maintenance and service requirements at a minimum.
The K 6500 is well suited for both wet and dry cutting, in- and outdoors. It handles concrete, metal, stone and masonry, cutting smaller openings such as window and door openings. It also easily manages pipe cutting in installation work, asphalt cutting in roadwork and pre-cutting of pipe trenches.
Main benefits K 6500 with PP 65
• Low system weight and powerful performance.
• Superior ergonomics.
• Built-in intelligence ensures optimal power and rpm for each cutting job.
• Wet cutting with easily adjustable water flow during operation.
• Good control of work due to minimal gyroscopic forces and low vibrations.
• Power pack has low weight and compact design, making it easy to handle and transport.
• Power pack separated from machine, making it less exposed to dirt and vibrations.
• Durable design and encapsulated motor minimize service requirements.
• The load indicator LED warns the operator of the risk of motor overload while working.
Technical specifications - K 6500
• Motor: Electric high frequency
• Power, 3-phase / 1-phase: 7.4 hp (5.5 kW) / 4 hp (3 kW)
• Blade: 16 in (400 mm)
• Cutting depth: 6 in (144 mm)
• Weight without fuel and blade: 22 lbs (10 kg)
Technical specifications - PP 65
• Power output, 3-/1-phase: 8.7 hp (6.5 kW) / 4.7 hp (3.5 kW)
• Rated current: 10A / 16A
• Voltage 3-phase / 1-phase: 180 - 530 / 220-240 V
• Weight: 22 lbs (10kg)