“Our customers are requesting more powerful machines that are easy to use. With K 6500, we will be able to offer them a power cutter with one of the highest effective outputs on the market that is also easy to use”, says Johan Simonsson, Global Product Manager Power Cutters, Husqvarna Construction Products.
The main characteristics of K 6500 lie in its superior ergonomics and high power-to-weight-ratio. Another advantage is that it is possible to operate K 6500 on both 1- and 3-phase. With an output of up to 5.5 kW on 3-phase and 3 kW on 1-phase (230 V) it is the most powerful electric power cutter yet from Husqvarna and one of the most powerful overall. The possibility to select the available source of current increases the flexibility of K 6500.
“K 6500 is optimised to quickly cut through a large amount of concrete while at the same time being kind to users due to its superior ergonomics. K 6500 is also fitted with a load indicator (LED), which displays the current load on the machine which allows users to maximise cutting speed to obtain the most efficient cutting”, says Johan Simonsson.
Wide application area
K 6500 has an ergonomic and user-friendly design with the blade centred in relation to the handles. The power cutter and the power pack are both easy to carry and handle thanks to their low weight. This makes the power cutter suitable for applications where easy transportation is required, both to and around the worksite. Low vibrations also contribute to better ergonomics. With a durable design and an encapsulated motor the maintenance and service requirements for K 6500 are minimal.
K 6500 is well suited for both wet and dry cutting, in- and outdoors. It handles concrete, metal, stone, and masonry, cutting smaller openings such as window and door openings. It also easily manages pipe cutting in installation work, asphalt cutting in roadworks and pre-cutting of pipe trenches
Main benefits K 6500 with PP 65
• Low system weight and powerful performance.
• Superior ergonomics.
• Built-in intelligence ensures optimal power and rpm for each cutting job.
• Wet cutting with easily adjustable water flow during operation.
• Good control of work due to minimal gyroscopic forces and low vibrations.
• Power pack has low weight and compact design, making it easy to handle and transport.
• Power pack separated from machine, making it less exposed to dirt and vibrations.
• Durable design and encapsulated motor minimizes service requirements.
• Equipped with load indicator LED, meaning the operator will be able to work with optimal power and gets warned if there is a risk for motor overload.
Technical specifications - PP 65
• Power output: 7 kW (3-phase) / 4 kW (1-phase)
• Weight: 9.5 kg
• Can also be used with K 6500 Ring ring cutter and DM 650 drill motor
Husqvarna PRIME™ product range
• Husqvarna PRIME™ is a new product range of high performance electric cutting equipment. By innovative utilization of high frequency current and digital processing Husqvarna brings a whole new level and efficiency and usability to the game, increasing performance, productivity and mobility for the customers. Powerful. Revolutionary. Intelligent. Modular. Electric – that’s PRIME.
• The products that have been introduced on the market are: Husqvarna DM 650, K 6500, K 6500 Ring, and the PP 65 power pack. Additional products will be introduced later.
For more information, please contact:
Johan Simonsson, Global Product Manager, Power cutters, Husqvarna Construction Products
Tel: +46 (0)31-94 90 19, +46 (0)722-14 55 79, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical specifications - K 6500
• Motor: Electric high frequency
• Power: 5.5 kW (3-phase) / 3 kW (1-phase)
• Blade: 400 mm
• Cutting depth: 144 mm
• Weight without fuel and cutting equipment: 10.0 kg