“The versatility of DM 650 makes it suitable for all kinds of drilling. It is basically the only machine a
drilling professional would need”, says Lars Gustafsson, Global Product Manager, Husqvarna Construction
The electric drill motor is a part of Husqvarna’s PRIME product range – the new generation of high
performance technology for electric cutting equipment. It has a high output and can be operated on
both 3-and 1-phase. It delivers 6 kW on the spindle on 3-phase and 3 kW on 1-phase. It weighs only 14 kg,
which gives it an outstanding power-to-weight-ratio. With the torque boost, speed is reduced in order to
increase drilling torque when encountering steel reinforced substrates.
“We always want to offer our customers top-performing products with high usability that facilitate
their work operations – DM 650 does just that. It is a powerful drill motor perfect for a wide range of hole
dimensions”, says Lars Gustafsson.
DM 650 is ideal for all core drilling, from 100 mm to 600 mm diameters. The 18-step adjustable rpm
range ensures optimal speed for all drill bit dimensions. The drill motor, recommended to be used with
the corresponding Husqvarna DS 450 stand, performs effectively when operating on reinforced concrete,
brick and other building materials. It is well suited for heavy-duty applications like water evacuation,
ventilation and plumbing channels and gas supply pipes.
Durable design for longer product life
DM 650 is equipped with advanced electronic overload protection, Elgard™. The system makes drilling
at maximum pressure possible, without risk of overloading the machine. DM 650 also features LED load
indicators, which guide the operator to attain optimal performance.
DM 650 runs with the separate PP 65 power pack, which is also compatible with the electric K 6500
power cutter and K 6500 Ring ring cutter. It is a versatile and air-cooled electric power unit, suitable for
surroundings where minimum water usage is required. The digital menu and display makes it easy for
the operator to keep control of usage and to plan for service and maintenance. Keeping the power pack
detached from the drill motor keeps it less exposed to dirt and vibrations, ultimately resulting in longer
Main benefits DM 650 with PP 65
• Very powerful drill motor delivering 6 kW on the spindle (3 kW on 1-phase).
• 18-step adjustable rpm range ensures optimal speed for all drill bit dimensions.
• Both machine and power pack are easy to carry and install thanks to low weight and ergonomic design.
• Power pack separated from machine, making it less exposed to dirt and vibrations.
• Dust-proof, water-cooled motor with minimal service requirements.
• Torque boost, reduces speed to increase drilling torque.
• Durable, shock-proof design protecting the electronics.
• Elgard™ enables drilling at maximum pressure without risk of overload.
• Equipped with load indicator LED , meaning the operator will be able to work with optimal
power and gets warned if there is a risk for motor overload.
Technical specifications DM 650
• Power: 6 kW (3-phase)/3 kW (1-phase)
• Rated voltage: 480 V (3-phase) / 230 V (1-phase)
• Spindle speed unloaded, 125–250 rpm (1 speed) / 270–530 rpm (2 speed)
• Spindle thread 1 1/4” 7 UNC
• Recommended drill diameter, max 600 mm
• Weight: 14 kg
Technical specifications – PP 65
• Power output: 7 kW (3-phase) / 4 kW (1-phase)
• Weight: 9.5 kg
• Can also be used with K 6500 Ring ring cutter and DM 650 drill motor.
Husqvarna PRIME™ product range
• Husqvarna PRIME™ is a new product range of high performance electric cutting equipment. By innovative utilization of high frequency current and digital processing Husqvarna brings a whole new level and efficiency and usability to the game, increasing performance, productivity and mobility for the customers. Powerful. Revolutionary. Intelligent. Modular. Electric – that’s PRIME.
• The products that have been introduced on the market are: Husqvarna DM 650, K 6500,
K 6500 Ring, and the PP 65 power pack. Additional products will be introduced later.