Edward Andria from Husqvarna, the world's largest producer of outdoor power products, says today’s leaf blowers and snow throwers are built for ease-of-use: “Nowadays, ergonomics are central to innovation and design when it comes to power products. Without compromising power, we are always trying to build things lighter, nimbler and more comfortable so there is less strain on the body.”
If you trying to keep things safe and simple this season, here are a few tips to ensure you choose the right product for you and your home:
- Look for a machine with an efficient vibration-dampening system to ease stress on your hands and wrists.
- Consider a backpack blower with a load-reducing harness and hip belt and wide shoulder straps for comfort.
- Make sure the engine is powerful and easy-to-start and ensure you have easy access to all the controls.
- Look for a model with power steering, which will make it easier for you to maneuver your machine in tight places and through heavy snow.
- Test out your machine and ensure the levers and controls are within easy reach.
- If your area is large and you tend to get deep, heavy snow, choose a snow thrower with a powerful engine and wide working width which will save you time and effort.
- For more comfortable operation, choose a snow thrower with heated handles and a light to illuminate your way on those dark winter evenings.
For more information on finding the best blower or snow thrower for you, visit www.husqvarna.ca