For most people winter isn’t the busiest time of year when it comes to gardening but it might be a good idea to set aside a few minutes to check up on your hibernating power tools. In order to get the same performance next spring it is important to service trimmers, hedge trimmers, ride-on and walk-behind mowers before storing them. There are a number of great tricks to keep in mind, and it can also be a good idea to visit your local Husqvarna service centre.
Lawn mower service
1. The fluid left by cut grass is rather corrosive. That’s why it’s extra important to clean gardening tools and mowers especially, before storage.
2. When you service a lawn mower, be sure to empty out all of the petrol. Leaving gas in the tank during storage may lead to a hard starting engine.
3. If your model has an assisted electrical start, the battery can actual use a full recharge during winter.
Tractor and Rider service
1. Inspect the cutting deck, blades and belts to ensure that there’s no visible wear and tear.
2. If needed, use the off-season drop off your rider or a garden tractor service at your local Husqvarna Dealer. Filling up on oil, checking air filters and syncing the all wheel drive are some of the things you may want to consider checking.
3. Remember to fully recharge the battery at some point during the winter months, that way you’ll ensure a flying start to the season.
Trimmer and hedge trimmer service
1. When it comes to trimmer and hedge trimmer maintenance it’s easy to forget to remove smaller cut parts that may have gotten stuck in between the blades. Take a few minutes to ensure that the machine has been properly cleaned.
2. Just like with the walk-behind mowers, it’s a good idea to empty out all of the petrol left in the tank. Gas left in the machine for longer periods of time can make it tough to start the engine next season.
3. A professional trick for trimmer service is to remove the trimmer line and let it soak in fresh water during the winter season. By doing so it will maintain its flexibility, handle more strain and last longer.
4. For the best results – and prolonged product life, give your trimmer the deluxe treatment and turn it in for a day at the service centre. You can also use Husqvarna’s UL spray to get the hedge trimmer knife ready for the spring to come.