Modern chainsaws are carefully designed to fit certain work environments, tasks and users. So, before heading over to your local Husqvarna dealer, we recommend you start by asking yourself a couple of questions. Determining what kind of challenges your new chainsaw will be facing will make it easier to find the right type and size:
- How experienced am I when it comes handling a chainsaw?
- How will the new saw be used? On a professional level (several hours a day), semi-professional (a few days a week) or on a general home-owner level (on occasion)?
- What size trees will I be felling – and what kind of wood? Soft or hard?
- How important is engine-performance – will I use it often enough to want to invest in a high performing chainsaw with rapid acceleration and maximized power?
- Is the chain easy to tighten or replace?
- Will I use it all year round? Do I need winter features such as heated handles?
Edward Andria, Product Manager at Husqvarna Canada – what advice do you have for someone who is about to purchase their very first chainsaw?
“I would recommend keeping three things in mind. First of all, make sure that you match your actual need with the saw’s performance. Lacking power is an obvious problem, but having too much isn’t always useful either – that can result in you having to carry around an unnecessarily heavy machine. Second, go for a saw with an easy-start feature. That is always a good thing. And finally, as always, stay safe. If you know that you are a novice when it comes to chainsaws, ask your local Husqvarna dealer for general advice and instructions. All our machines put safety first and, in addition, we offer a wide range of protective clothing – equally important to consumers and professionals.
What models would you recommend to first time users – and why?
“If you are looking to buy your first chainsaw, or consider yourself a beginner, I would recommend the Husqvarna 435. This is an all-round lightweight saw, it is an efficient model ideal for those looking for a chainsaw that is exceptionally easy to start and manoeuvre. The X-Torq® engine provides lower fuel consumption and reduced emission levels. The fuel pump and auto-return stop switch makes it easy to start.”
Visit your local Husqvarna dealer to get feedback on the best product for you.
Find your dealer here http://www.husqvarna.com/ca/en/dealers/dealer-locator/