A pole saw should be light, easy to manoeuvre, have rapid acceleration and a high chain speed. The cutting head should be light and handy, so it’s easy to reach branches, even in dense tree crowns. For transportation and storage, a two-piece pole saw is preferable.
Things to keep in mind when buying a pole saw:
- Your pole saw should be high powered and have rapid acceleration, for maximum efficiency.
- The machine should have an efficient vibration-dampening system to minimise vibrations.
- The machine should have some form of emission control, for the benefit of the user’s working environment as well as the environment as a whole.
- Your pole saw should be lightweight, to make your work as easy as possible.
- The pole saw should preferably have automatic chain lubrication.